Tips to Preserve & Extend The Life Of Your OBX Swimming Pool
A brand new swimming pool represents a financial investment in your property. Use these tips from the GulfStream professionals to keep it looking new and performing perfectly.
• Keep your pool water level halfway up the skimmer box opening.
• If your pool is losing more than a quarter inch of water a day, it’s possible you have a leak.
• Any sort of muddy soil or puddles around your pool may indicate a leak
• Before you take the cover off your pool, be sure to clean any debris from it.
• Empty your skimmer basket frequently. This will reduce the number of leaves that make it to the bottom of your pool.
• While cleaning the surface of your pool with a net, do the sides first and then the middle, working it to the sides.
• Maintain your shrubbery and trees. This reduces the amount of leaf debris in the pool.
• Surface water should move in a circular direction. Adjust inlets accordingly.
• If the water is green or smells unpleasant, there is probably an issue with algae. Check chlorine levels and call the pros at GulfStream if the problem continues.
• Check your pH levels twice a week. The pH level should be between 7.4 and 7.6.
• Also clean the skimmer basket and skim the surface for leaves, bugs, or debris twice a week as well.
• Once a week, brush the walls and use a pool vacuum.
Hopefully these tips will help you keep your new pool looking new. And if it seems like a lot of work, call us at 252-255-1192 to set up an appointment to service your outer banks pool.
Swimming Pool Tips
Need a hand? Contact the pros and let us know how we can help!