Maintenance Tips For Your Outer Banks Pool
Tips to Preserve and Extend The Life Of Your OBX Swimming Pool
A brand new swimming pool represents a financial investment in your property. Use these tips from the GulfStream professionals to keep it looking new and performing perfectly.
- Keep your pool water level halfway up the skimmer box opening.
- If your pool is losing more than a quarter inch of water a day, it’s possible you have a leak.
- Any sort of muddy soil or puddles around your pool may indicate a leak
- Before you take the cover off your pool, be sure to clean any debris from it.
- Empty your skimmer basket frequently. This will reduce the number of leaves that make it to the bottom of your pool.
- While cleaning the surface of your pool with a net, do the sides first and then the middle, working it to the sides.
- Maintain your shrubbery and trees. This reduces the amount of leaf debris in the pool.
- Surface water should move in a circular direction. Adjust inlets accordingly.
- If the water is green or smells unpleasant, there is probably an issue with algae. Check chlorine levels and call the pros at GulfStream if the problem continues.
- Check your pH levels twice a week. The pH level should be between 7.4 and 7.6.
- Also clean the skimmer basket and skim the surface for leaves, bugs, or debris twice a week as well.
- Once a week, brush the walls and use a pool vacuum.
Hopefully these tips will help you keep your new pool looking new. And if it seems like a lot of work, call us at 252-207-8440 to set up an appointment to service your outer banks pool.
You can get a $100 coupon towards any new service agreement filling in the form to the right.